The WAITING ROOM => GENERAL KNEE QUESTIONS and comments (good for new threads) => Topic started by: jizzed on August 06, 2007, 07:31:04 PM

Title: cracked kneecap
Post by: jizzed on August 06, 2007, 07:31:04 PM
Im 24 since i can remember ive had a cracked kneecap with a slight hole or gap to the right of my left knee i play sports without pain or irratations but recently ive had slight pain near the hole is there any problem
Title: Re: cracked kneecap
Post by: Doc79316 on August 08, 2007, 02:27:07 AM

I'm not an expert but maybe you're just overdoing things a little with your knee. You may want to try wearing a brace or support hilst partaking in physical activities - aprticularyl if you are involved in high contact sports.

You say you've had the problem for a long time so there doesn't seem to be any good reason for you to be in pain now. I think in the first instance you should approach your GP and he will decide whether he can treat your symptoms easily, or whether you need to be referred to an OS (knee specialist).

If the pain increases then rest for a while. Bear in mind that we use our knees 24/7 so it can take a very long time sometimes for a knee joint to heal properly and regain full strength and physical fitness. You could, if you are able, take pain meds or anti-inflammatory drugs. Obviously this way if there is any inflammation it will decrease and the pain mds will deal with what's left.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything to worry about too much.

Take care,

Laura x