Somalwar Higher Secondary School and Junior College, Nagpur, India 1971-1983
Indira Gandhi Medical College & Mayo General Hospital, Nagpur, India 1984-1992
Bedford Hospital (Cambridge University), United Kingdom 1993-1994.
Royal Liverpool University Hospital, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom 1994-1995
Ormskirk & District General Hospital, University of Manchester 1994-1995
Thomas Jefferson Medical School & Philadelphia Hand Centre, Philadelphia, USA, 1995.
Master’s Degree in Orthopaedics ( M.S>Orth) Nagpur, India, November 1992
Master’s Degree in Orthopaedics (Mch. Orth) Liverpool, united Kingdom, December 1994
Fellowship in hand & Upper limb Orthopaedic Surgery. Philadelphia, USA, June 1995
Fellowship of Royal Society of Medicine. London, United Kingdom, June 1995
Fellowship of AO/Association for the study of internal fixation. Stuttgart,October1995.
Registrar in Orthopaedics, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur Feb.`91 to Jan.`93 Actively involved in academic & Research activities, teaching of undergraduates.
Lecturer Orthopaedics, Bedford Hospital, United Kingdom Feb.`93 to Jan`94 Actively involved in managing all primary trauma. Trained Cambridge University specially in internal fixation, instrumental in designing femoral nailing system, also established a hand clinic for the hospital, involved in teaching of undergraduates from the Cambridge University.
Lecturer Orthopaedics, Ormskirk Hospital, University of Manchester, United Kingdom Feb. `94 to Dec.`94 Manchester University rotation was involved in clinical, teaching and postgraduate actitivites of the region. Special training in Hip & Knee joint replacements, Joint Arthroscopics. Worked at sister concern Wrightington hospital on Total Joint Replacements.
Affiliation to Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom. Jan.`94 to Dec.`94 Attended clinical & teaching activities of the university. Active participation in the meetings held everyday at various regional centres like-
- Alder Hey Children Hospital
- Broadgreen Hospital
- Fazakarley Hospital
- Warrington Hospital
- Leighton Hospital, Crewe.
- Southport & Formby Hosp.
- Arrowe Park Hospital
- Chester Royal Infirmary.
Lecturer, Hand & Upper Limb Orthopaedic Surgery, Philadelphia Hand Centre, Thomas Jefferson Medical University, Philadelphia, USA Jan.`95 to June.`95 Involoved in Clinical surgical & Teaching of university. Specially trained in Orthopaedic Upper extremity problems. Involved in teaching of under & Postgraduates.
Fellowship, Orthopaedics& Traumatology, Katharinen Hospital, Stuttgart, Germany July `95 to Sept.`95 Involved in organising & managemnet of trauma cases. Involved in teaching and academic activites of Tubingen University & AO School.
Senior Research Associate(Pool Officer) Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur Jan.`96 to March `96
Associate Prof., Orthopaedics, J.N. Medical College, Sawangi, Wardha April.`96 to June.`98 Teaching of Undergraduate and Postgraduate of D.Orth., DNB Orth.
Hon. Assoc. Prof. Of Orthopaedics, Indira Gandhi Medical College & Mayo Hospital July.`98 Still Continuing
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Trauma, Joint Replacement, Arthroscopic Surgery), Sushrut Hospital, Research Centre & Postgraduate Institute of Orthopaedics, Nagpur.
Hon. Assoc. Prof. of Orthopaedics Indira Gandhi Medical College & Mayo General Hospital Nagpur
Executive Member, Asian Association of Dynamic Osteosynthesis, Hong Kong,
Founder Member and Treasurer, Trauma Society of India
On Teaching Faculty of Disaster Relief Instructor’s Course, National Civil Defense College, Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs.
National Faculty, Ranawat Orthopedic Foundation Joint Replacement Course.
National Faculty, Continued Orthopedic Education course by Dr Mukhopadhya,Patna.
Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Orthopedics.
A total of 16 years – comprising of two years in India during Registrarship. Two years during stay in U.K. was involved actively in teaching students from Camvridge, Manchester and Liverpool University during the respective stays. Six months teaching at Philadelphia include Under and Post-graduates of the faculty of Orthopaedics.
Currently involved in Under-graduate & Postgraduate teaching at Indira Gandhi Medical College & Mayo General Hospital.
Have presented more than 300 papers at National & International level.
Have been credited with the designing of:
1. Modular Multiplanar External fixator of the wrist (being manufactured in India & Switzerland).
2. Intramedullary Interlocking Nailing system for femur fractures (being man. In UK)
3. Modular system for total hip replacement ( Under manufacture).
4. Proximal Femur Inerlocking Nail based on anthropometric measurements of Asian Bones ( CT Based Measurements) : has been awarded Funding Scholarship by AADO , Hong Kong.
5. Total Knee Replacement Prosthesis for Asian Knees
Awards, Medals & Achievements
1. Best Paper award – British Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting, Torquay, England, 1993.
2. A.A. Mehta Gold Medal Award – Indian Orthopaedic Association 1996.
3. Two Gold medals – for securing highest marks in Gen. Surgery, Nagpur University, 1988.
4. Best Academic Work Nominee- Smith & Nephew US traveling Fellowship 1993.
5. Five Gold Medals – for securing highest in Sanskrit Language, HSSCE, 1984
6. Awardee National Merit Scholarship in SSCE & HSSCE.
7. ‘Youngest’ Orthopaedic Surgeon in the world to hold M.Ch. Orthopaedic degree from University of Liverpool, England.
8. SILVER JUBILEE ORATION of Indian Orthopedic Association , 2005. – By far the highest academic honor given to an Orthopedic Surgeon in India. Presented during the Golden Jubilee celebrations Annual Conference at Mumbai in December, 2005.
9. South Australian Traveling Scholarship to present paper during APOA-Hip chapter meeting at Adelaide, Australia , May,2006.
10. Faculty on following prestigious courses & Workshops:
a.Ranawat’s Course on Total Joint Replacement – Hyderabad,2006
b.Continued Orthopedic Education Course , Aurangabad, 2007.
c. Exeter Hip Replacement Symposium, Bombay Hospital, Mumbai, 2004.
d. Bombay Orthopedic Society Joint Replacement Annual Course & Workshop
e. Regular Faculty on Complicated Trauma Workshop in AADO, Hongkong
1. Smith & Nephew Fellowship: to attend American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Meeting, SanFranscisco, USA, 1996. Campbell Clinic, Memphis Tennessee, USA, 1996.
2. AADO, Hong Kong Fellow: To visit and attend Fracture BioSkill Workshop, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, 1997.
3. IOA Inland Traveling Fellow: Johnson& Johnson Fellow: to visit all the centers of Excellence in the country including Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Calcutta.
4. IOA Foreign Traveling Fellow: To visit and attend British Orthopedic Association Meeting and also visit Norwich Hospital, UK for advanced training in Total Knee Replacement and Knee Arthroscopy,1998.
5. ICOE ( International College of Orthoaedic Education ) visiting Professorship Programme, University of Toronto, Joint Replacement Surgery ( St Michaels Hospital), Pelvis & Acetabulum Surgery ( Sunnybrook Hospital ) , 2000.
6. American Academy of Orthoapedic Surgeons, Memphis,USA.
7. International Delegate ,Advanced Trauma ( Pelvis & Acetabulum) – Strasbourg, France,2001.
8. Total Joint Repalcment Fellow with Dr C S Ranawat at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, USA. April thro June, 2002.
9. International Faculty, Advanced Trauma & Fracture Fixation Methods, AADO Hong Kong and China Combined Meeting,2003.
10. International Delegate, Orthopedic Trauma Association Meeting, Salt Lake City,Utah,USA, 2003.
11. International Delegate, Current Concepts Joint Replacement, Las Vegas, USA, 2004.
International Conferences and workshops attended
1. SIROT `93 Seoul, South Korea, 1993
2. British Orthopaedic Association, Torquay, England, 1993.
3. AO Basic Course, Nottingham, England, 1993.
4. External fixation in trauma, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1993
5. Wrist Arthroscopy Workshop, Wrightington, England, 1993.
6. International Society for surgery of Hand, Shoulder & Elbow, Sweden, 1995.
7. AO Fellowship, Stuttgart, Germany, 1995.
8. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Conference, Sanfrancisco, 1997.
9. AADO Fracture Bioskill Workshop, Hongkong, 1997.
10. International Knee Meeting, Barcelona, Spain, 1998.
11. AAOS Meeting, Memphis, USA, 2001.
12. Advanced Trauma Meeting, AIOD, France,2001.
13. Joint Replacement : Update: New York,2002.
14. Advaced Trauma Meeting, HongKong and Chengdu,China,2003
15. Orthopaedic Trauma Association Meeting, Salt Lake City, 2003.
16. Current Concepts Joint Replacement, 2004.
17. International AIOD Trauma Meeting, Lausanne, Switzerland,2004.
18. Pelvis & Acetabulum Workshop, HongKong, October, 2004.
19. Letournel’s Pelvis & Acetabulum Fracture Course, Paris, 2005.
20. Asia Pacific – Hip Meeting, Adelaide,Australia,2006
Organization of Workshops and Conferences
1. International Seminar on Congenital Foot disorders and foot problems – faculty 1993
2. International Seminar on Osteonecrosis- Faculty 1995
3. Indo-German Orthopaedic Foundation Meet on Joint replacement & Difficult trauma solutions- Org. Secretary 1997
4.National Meeting - Instructional Course Lectures on Shoulder & Elbow - Co-Organising, Secretary. 1998
5. Convenor, Reception Committee, IOACON, Jabalpur 1998
6. Basic Arthroscopy workshop – Course Director 1999
7. Total Joint Replacement Meeting, Nagpur 2001
8. National Hip & Knee Meeting, Nagpur 2003
9. International Hip & Knee Symposium, Nagpur 2005
1. Founder Member and treasurer, Trauma Society of India.
2. Fellow, Royal society of Medicine, London, UK
3. Member, British Trauma Society, UK
4. Member, AO Alumni Association, Switzerland
5. Executive Member, Asian Association for Dynamic Osteosynthesis, HongKong.
6. Life Member, Indian society for surgery of Shoulder
7. Life-member, India Orthopaedic Association
8. Life-member, Maharastra Orthopaedic Association
9. Life-member, Indian Medical Association
10. Secretary, Academy of Medical Sciences, Nagpur.
11. Chairperson, Comm for welfare of Handicapped and Industrial Hazards, Rotary Club of Nagpur.
12. Member , ISAKOS ( International Society for Arhtroscopic & Knee Orthopedic Surgery )