PRICE is a mnemonic for remembering the rehabilitation regime of Protection, Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
Easy to remember if you have any acute knee incident:
- Protect - immobiliser, splint - depending on severity and situation..
- Rest - give the knee a chance to heal by not over-stressing it and triggering inflammation
- Ice - use a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a towel, or a proper cryotherapy unit to cool the knee and reduce the tendency to swell.
- Compression - firm crepe bandage or firm commercial wrap to limit swelling.
- Elevation - putting the knee up wherever possible, particularly if possible higher than the heart - to reduce swelling.
There is currently no content classified with this term.