The Noyes' Classification is a system for classifying the degree of joint destruction in an arthritic joint.
- 0: Normal articular cartilage
- 1a: Mild softening or discoloration of articular cartilage
- 1b: Severe softening or discoloration of articular cartilage
- 2a: Partial-thickness defect of <50% of the total thickness of articular cartilage
- 2b: Partial-thickness defect of >50% of the total thickness of articular cartilage
- 3a: Full-thickness articular cartilage defect with normal subchondral bone
- 3b: Full-thickness articular cartilage defect with erosion of subchondral bone
There is currently no content classified with this term.
A system for grading articular cartilage lesions at arthroscopy. Noyes FR and Stabler CL. Am J Sports Med. 1989 Jul-Aug;17(4):505-13.