Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Knee swelling after a fall  (Read 2243 times)

Offline loth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee swelling after a fall
« on: August 13, 2004, 04:05:25 PM »
Hi KNEEgeeks,

Two weeks ago I tripped over an extension lead at work and skinned my knee. There was quite a large scrape on the knee, and it was a bit swollen. As it happens, my doctor's surgery was open and on my way home, so I stopped off to see whether I'd seriously injured myself.

The doctor said that there was no serious injury, just 'Parson's knee'. He put a new dressing on the scrape and sent me on my way with no particular advice.

The next day the knee was swollen and sore, and I limped and struggled through my day, which as usual involved going up and down stairs. By the end of the day, not only was my knee swollen and sore, but my foot also was swollen. The top of my foot hurt when touched.

The foot stayed swollen until last weekend, when someone finally told me to elevate it as much as possible. It's now returned to normal and no longer hurts when touched. But my knee still hurts and there is still swelling below the patella.

I've already got one bad knee (Osgood-Schatters when I was young). I'm now beginning to worry that I've got another.

Any advice?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee swelling after a fall
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 04:33:10 PM »
Hey !!

If you feel unsure my advice is go see your doc again.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline whatzmyname

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 05:25:49 PM »
Your doc will need to send you for a MRI to be 100% sure that your injury isn't actually much worse. It sounds though as if you just have really bad inflammation and bad blood circulation in your injured leg though. Massage your leg regularly,ice it after activities and elevate and dont do anything strenuous until it feels better.
Torn ligaments due to dislocation
Fractured retropatella (back of kneecap)
Arthroscopy
8/6/2004

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 06:37:57 PM »
hey...i'm w/ the previous two posts...peace of mind is one of the most impt part of healing...get checked by the doc....

best

ron
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues