Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: False negative MRI?  (Read 347 times)

Offline JakeLynton99

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: False negative MRI?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »
He didnít say where it was and didnít give much information at all. He said it could be something else which could take months to heal but I canít remember what he said unfortunately!
Not injured this knee before-I do a lot of weight training and have done a lot of impact sports in the past.
Spire was where I was looking at-hopefully will get sorted soon.
Itís eases off when I sit with my leg out and a cushion underneath, but very painful sitting at my desk at work.

Online Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 349
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 09:21:58 PM »
Sport and weight training could be the culprit, especially if your form isn't spot on, too much weight through the legs. Avoid squatting, twisting, leg press, leg curls etc, high impact etc until better. If you want to be active, swimming might be the best (likely better to crawl rather than breaststroke)

The other option, a ligament tear? MCL?
If you've actually damaged the bone surface (cartilage defect as opposed to some softening, aka chondromalacia), could be a long haul as this is very difficult to recover.

Good primers on the meniscus and arthritis in the learning portfolio (link top left)

If you go private and aren't too fussed about who you see, should be able to see a surgeon within a couple of weeks max
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:23:31 PM by Vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
More tears and wear, scope planned in Jan 2019 to tidy up

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »
I had just like you at age of 41, a twisting injury, locking and swelling and uncomfortable nights. Mri didnt show any and the surgeon was recultant to try anything else then cortizone injection. But in the long run nothing helped and he set me up for a scope. Turned out that I had a chondral defect on femur not visible at Mri. So mri is not at all 100% reliable.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.