Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Questions about ACL Rehab  (Read 45 times)

Offline juliaelizabeth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Questions about ACL Rehab
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:16:51 am »
Hi there guys,

Just have a few quick questions about the ACL rehab. I had an ACL recon with an allograft when I was 14 due to a soccer injury but re-tore it when I was 21 playing netball. I was going off to live overseas so couldn't get it fixed. This year I tore my medial meniscus and the surgeon decided to do two operations- a meniscus repair and an ACL Hamstring revision surgery, in which he inserted a new tibial screw. I am now 9 weeks post op.

My rehab has been going quite well, but I just had a few questions.
1. Whenever I do my squats for my rehab I hear/ feel a clicking sound around the same point.
2. Whenever I do prone hangs and then do my Hamstring curls off the bed my knee also clicks and crunches at the same point every time.

Anyone have experience with this? I got a little tipsy by mistake and engaged in a bit of premature dancing.. I don't remember feeling anything wrong but kind of nervous I have retorn something.

Also, how long till the stiffness goes away? I have full knee extension and flexion, but if I stop the exercises my knee feels stiff and it takes some warming up to reach full extension again.

Please let me know your experiences.
Much love,
Julia.

support