Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Shoulder Tightening for hypermobility  (Read 145 times)

Offline Kitkat766

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 9
Shoulder Tightening for hypermobility
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:40:26 PM »
I have always had loose joints but never Ďdislocatedí anything to the point where I have had to pop it back in... although after a recent shoulder that required surgery I was told that I was hypomobile and my shoulder simply dislocated as soon as they put me under anesthetic - and that I had probably been dislocated it for months to cause the damage he had to repair!

I have had surgery twice on my left knee for OCD and my knees easily go past straight. My fingers also bend past straight but never had any issues with them??

Is it normal to not know that Iíve been dislocating my joints for months?!

Also, on another note - I have a very high pain tolerance, any link to hypermobility??

Offline sunn

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 4
Re: Shoulder Tightening for hypermobility
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:06:41 PM »
I would say yes.  I was only identified as hypermobile a couple of  years ago- mid 40s.  my knees, shoulders,hips , ankles all slide out. back iffy too.
 I used to think was just being over sensitive to movements that are normal .  knee surgeon pointed out was not normal. 
pain tolerance- I used to have it- it has now sadly departed &  sliding out  joints now hurt.  I think it causes accumulated damage which eventually catches up with you. 

Offline Kitkat766

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 9
Re: Shoulder Tightening for hypermobility
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »
Thanks sunn,

Iím now 8 weeks post shoulder surgery and mentioned to my physio some sensations of popping/clicking in my other shoulder. Iíve now started some basic strength work on both shoulders to hopefully avoid dislocating the other one!

Thanks for your reply

support