Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Running After MCL Tear  (Read 116 times)

Offline Cari67

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Running After MCL Tear
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »
Hi All,

New here.  I live in Scotland but I'm an American and I travel between countries a lot.  Last June I fell on a trail run and thought it would just be sore a while. About three weeks later, while in California visiting my family I noticed the pain getting much worse. My original fall was June 23rd, running daily was my happy place. My dad gave me a knee brace he'd had since a previous surgery and it helped a bit until the morning of July 7th I was crawling back into the house, literally. I kept it wrapped until I returned to the UK.

I found out I'd torn my MCL. The orthopaedist sent me to aggressive physical therapy and saw me again in November (such as it is in the UK).  He had confirmed by MRI that my injury was definitely an MCL tear. He said pending any issues, I could return to running at the end of January. I ran once in January but ice and occasional snow made it a bit off putting.

A few weeks ago I returned to running taking things easy, keeping my knee wrapped in an MCL knee wrap, wearing compression socks and going it slowly. That said, my knee is starting to really be sore. I only run three days a week, I stretch out properly and I'm very careful.
 :-[
Unsure what to do, my apologies for the overly long message.

support