Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT Surgery  (Read 267 times)

Offline bunnyup85

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TTT Surgery
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:01:37 AM »
Hi,

I am booking in to have ttt surgery on my right knee on 19th June.  I was wondering if anyone had any advise for post op recovery.  What helped etc

Thanks,

Clare

Offline krisann11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: TTT Surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 08:54:48 PM »
Just decided to get back on here as I was SO discouraged by the number of "NO! NEVER HAVE A TTT!" stories I heard pre-surgery. Then I realized that the people for whom surgery is successful probably don't hang out on kneeguru anymore. :P

So, I had a patellar chondral allograft and tibial tubercle osteotomy on 3/19/18. Let me tell you, the first couple of weeks hurt like HELL. I needed help to get my leg in and out of bed, as it hurt too bad to even bend over and lift it by the brace. I was super committed to doing my PT as directed, though, and got my flexion back quickly. I still had significant pain at the osteotomy site (like, pain that would wake me up from sleep) through about four weeks.

Let me tell you, though, I'm 12 weeks out now and already feel like this was a good decision. My kneecap sits in the trochlea "normally" now, and I don't have pain under my kneecap when my PT asks me to keep a small bend in my knee when balancing or doing exercises. I would've, pre-op, so that already feels like success to me.

Biggest thing: I live alone, and didn't expect to be SO reliant on other people for probably the first month. My dad had planned to fly in and stay with me for a week, and he ended up staying for almost 3 weeks. I was just in so much pain/sleeping all the time that I couldn't make myself food. Make sure you ask for and get the help you need, as those first few weeks are NOT easy.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Offline bunnyup85

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: TTT Surgery
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply, itís nice to hear from someone who has had it done recently!!

I have a 2 year old son so we are actually moving in with my in laws for at least a month so they can help me with him as well as not having to manage stairs all the time.

Was there anything that you found that really helped after your surgery?

Iím starting to get very nervous now that itís a week away and keep googling!!

support