Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Strange popping/dislocation in the knee after ACL tear  (Read 470 times)

Offline zigrek

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Strange popping/dislocation in the knee after ACL tear
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:08:58 am »
Hey Guys,

History: I played basketball for around 11 years. Just before I got 18(eligible to sign a pro contract) I torn my ACL. Had a surgery with a quad extract. I gave up  on basketball, because I had to pay for surgery/rehab on my own and I had to work to earn that $. I tore my ACL again several years later when I was 22.
Currently I'm 29. Ever since the second tear I get these strange dislocations in my knee. They are very painful and happen 3-4 times per year. What happens is that I hear a loud pop(similar to the one you hear when you tear the ACL) and I cannot step on this leg anymore nor can I extend it fully. I have flex-extend the knee for around 30 mins up to an hour just to hear it popping in place again. For about a week after this, the knee is swollen a bit and it hurts. The pain happens on the interior side of the knee, just below the knee cap to the right.
This has nothing to do with the knee cap, since it stays in place.
Has anyone experienced something similar?

Offline Diana dee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Strange popping/dislocation in the knee after ACL tear
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:10:06 am »
Hey,

I tore my ACL and meniscus when I was 18 years old. It has been doing the same thing as yours for a long time now but somehow I've managed since I am now 30 years old, my surgery is this month to repair both ligaments. However mine dislocates and pops back again immediately after doing some stretches, and I am able to walk afterwards though painful and stiff for a few days.

support