Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lateral meniscus recovery (6 weeks post op)  (Read 1258 times)

Offline rbailss

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Lateral meniscus recovery (6 weeks post op)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 10:17:01 am »
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback as always!  Will keep you's updated.

Offline GrkNYC

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 06:52:10 pm »
Rbailss..... new poster here also, Had large lateral menisectomy (along with ACL repair) and a small medial menisectomy 7 weeks ago. The meniscus is scaring me, I dont have pain, just some tenderness and pain only in deep flexion. But the fact that i thouht they were going to repair it (stitch it up) kept my hopes up and i woke up with the news that it was trimmed and ive been psychologically down ever since. I don't worry about the acl at all, i go to pt 3 times a week and i am 33 years old in good condition. Thinking that the meniscus can cause me so much trouble is driving me nutts.  I wanted to ask you how ur progress is since you are a few months ahead, I know that people heal differently etc.... but having some piece of mind and references will help alot.  thanks .

Offline rbailss

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 08:59:44 am »
If I'm honest, my knee is completely fine but I still get pain & swelling behind the knee & bottom of quad/top of knee cap.  Been to see physio & he's told me to just work on building the muscle in my leg.

I only had a couple of PT sessions after my surgery so my rehab probably hasn't been the best which has put me at a severe disadvantage.  I'm getting to the gym 3-4 times a week & using exercise bike as well as working on balance at home every night.