Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Canít straighten knee 7 weeks post MCL sprain  (Read 183 times)

Offline B344

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Canít straighten knee 7 weeks post MCL sprain
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:23:44 AM »
7 weeks ago I injured my knee whilst at a theme park on an inflatable game having to jump over the moving pole going round (Iím a big kid!) as I jumped over my leg didnít and I went one way whilst my leg went another. I felt a pop in my knee and immediate pain as I fell. Since i havenít been able to straighten my knee! I have had X-rays and MRI which shows a grade 1/2 MCL Spain, waiting physiotherapy. I have also been diagnosed with a DVT likely as a result of the injury and the clot runs up behind my knee into my thigh. The symptoms of the dvt are under control but I still canít get back to normal as I canít straighten my knee or bend it past 90degrees. I am young (25yo) and normally active and Iím just wondering if anybody has any clues as to what Iíve actually done as Iím sure a sprain would not still cause me this much bother surely?! Iíve tried straighten my leg in the bath, in bed, laying down standing up and it just wonít budge (always been able to limp about with it all). It feels like something is stopping it, not massives of pain but I get pain within the knee when trying. Has anybody had anything similar or could shed any light in this Iíd appreciate it

Offline williams1184

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Canít straighten knee 7 weeks post MCL sprain
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »
I would definitely pay to see a private physio - even if it is just for one session while you wait for NHS, to get a proper diagnosis and treatment advice. I don't think still suffering 7 weeks post injury is that crazy considering it was a 1/2, but the whole time you're not walking on it properly everything is going to be out of sync and you'll pick up a lot of bad habits! acupuncture in the knee is good for getting it moving, but it really depends on why it is suck in the first place! trust me, worth spending the £50-£80 on Physio!

Offline Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 342
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Canít straighten knee 7 weeks post MCL sprain
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 03:14:06 PM »
Given the time of posting, Iím not sure if the OP is in the U.K. ? but advice to pay to see a Physio is sound but caution is needed due to the clot (physios might venuneilling to treat which might also be the reason for the wait rather than just underfunding leading to waiting lists)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation