Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Alternatives to surgery  (Read 199 times)

Offline James NZ

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Alternatives to surgery
« on: April 06, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
Hi all
I asked a about this last week but had no replies.
I've found  a guy on Facebook and you tube who offers a way out of pain of you're still experiencing pain and not in need of surgery. He aims to take the pressure of the nerves therefore reducing the inflammation in the joint.
I'm just wary as he doesn't have a huge following a and has been around for a long time. His programs are not cheap but worth every cent if it gets people out of pain.

His name is Bill Parravano.  Any input much appreciated.

Offline tensters

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 7
Re: Alternatives to surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:00:39 PM »
Yeah there are a lot of guys out there that will end your knee pain naturally for some money. His stuff seem pretty polished and I remember looking at that briefly when I was injured.. I think he has some youtube videos with exercises that are supposed to take away pain. I didn't find them helpful but you can always check it out for yourself. Maybe other people are familiar with the material.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:00:19 PM by tensters »

Offline HobbledGirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
Doing a quick look around, I am not impressed with this guy. You might want to read through some of his reviews here:  https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&text=Bill+Parravano&search-alias=books&field-author=Bill+Parravano&sort=relevancerank
1-4-17 accident on Segway in Madrid.
3-4-17 flight to US w/ full-length plaster splint & crutches I can't use. 😂
6-4-17 surgery for highly comminuted, 1.5 cm depressed Schatzker II TPF.  ORIF: plate, 7 screws, allograft.
29-6-17 WBAT, almost full ROM, -2 mm lateral plateau
16-7-17 Heel met behind

Offline tensters

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 05:20:04 PM »
I wrote a very long thing but I decided to edit it down because it was just all over the place and I think some of it may not have been relevant.

Knee-wise, one book or "program" that I found somewhat helpful when I was injured was "Treat your Own Knees"/"Bullet proof your knees" by Jim Johnson PT. It offers a very simple, positive and gentle evidenced based rehab routine for the knee. It focuses on improving knee function.

For a back condition that became symptomatic as a result of my knee injury I followed the ideas once I was able to in a book called "Walk it off". This is by a prominent spinal surgeon.

I also after a period of time followed this general idea when I was injured and I feel it worked for me:  http://www.ismoc.net/nopillsnopain.html

I think maybe you might want to also consider Vicksters suggestion in another thread to find a specialized PT to work with that can tailor something for your specific situation. Just try to avoid anything that makes the pain in knee worse.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:05:48 PM by tensters »

support