Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patella Rupture Range of Motion Limited Question  (Read 133 times)

Offline craigc73

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 4
Patella Rupture Range of Motion Limited Question
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
Hello good to be here. I ruptured my right patella tendon pretty good November 10 2017 and surgery Nov 11 2017 simply stepping off a curb and my leg gave way . After three months I was cleared for PT as the ortho said my tendon was healed up. I have the brace locked straight when walking still. Maybe this will change this week at my ortho appointment. I have had four PT appointments so far. My first I was at 50 hard degrees. Second apt was 60 and third was 70 . My fourth appointment we could only get to 65 for some reason and was difficult getting more. I am so discouraged as to how long this is taking and I wonder if I need to be doing something different. Has anyone had or heard of recovery with getting range of motion back taking this long or longer? Its frustrating as I can not drive and have to rely on rides as it is my right leg. I am rather tall 6'8 guy but that shouldn't make a difference. Thanks for your time.

Offline Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 316
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Patella Rupture Range of Motion Limited Question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
You might want to add your post to this v long thread where the patella tendon rupture folks share experiences and info

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=8389.0
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

Offline craigc73

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 4