Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Need help with my MRI report  (Read 595 times)

Offline godawgs009

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need help with my MRI report
« on: February 27, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »
I had an MRI on my left knee after a twisting injury while coaching kids soccer.  I had an ACL reconstruction with Medial Meniscus repair 7 years ago on the right knee.

Edema is seen along the medial and lateral patellar retinaculi involving distal fibers of vastus medialis muscle
Mild tibiofemoral and patellofemoral joint effusion
Thickening with hyper signal abnormality noted in posterior fibers of anterior cruciate ligament and its tibal attachment site
Abnormal signal in posterior horn of medial meniscus extending to posterior articular surface
High signal in posterior horn of lateral meniscus not showing extension to the articular surface
Periarticular soft tissue swelling

CONCLUSION
Edema is seen along the medial and lateral patellar retinaculi involving distal fibers of vastus medialis muscle
Grade III injury of posterior horn of medial meniscus and intrasubstance myxoid degeneration of posterior horn of lateral meniscus
Mild tibiofemoral and patellofemoral joint effusion
Sprain of anterior cruciate ligament
Periarticular soft tissue swelling
LCL sprain

If I am reading it right, I think I have a tear in both medial and lateral meniscus and partial tear of my ACL and maybe LCL.  I see the OS later this week, but I am guessing I am looking at surgery for the meniscus at least.  Would love your opinions.  Thanks.

Offline reflex_nl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 6
Re: Need help with my MRI report
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »
yes, your conclusion is right; the posterior horn of medial meniscus is damaged...  but don't rush in to surgery. Take some time to recover first and see how it feels with less swelling.
RK Patella Luxation in 2000
RK Scope grade 2 damage to patella
RK PT for 4 mths, recovered 90% after 4 years
LK Patella Luxation in Oct'16
LK Scope to remove loose bodies (grade 4) to patella Nov'16
LK Lateral Release + MPFL Reefing + MCIC in the UK Dec'17

support