Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patellar tendinitis  (Read 867 times)

Offline Christine10S

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patellar tendinitis
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:22:13 pm »
Hi....
Iím in need of a little emotional Support here...
Going on 6 months since I sprained both knees doing wall squats...
Iím 49 & Iím good shape... was told it was fat pad inflammation along with Mal Tracking issues... did 4 months of PT & still have lots of anterior pain - was told a month ago that it is Patellar Tendinitis so I went back to the gym & PT exercises & have really been trying to beat this thing... finally going for an MRI Tues.
Can anyone offer me any hope that they overcame this injury?  I know it takes time...
Would love to be competing in tennis again at some point in the far future.  Actually, Iíd be happy just to be able to go for a walk without pain later...
Thank you!

Offline neptronix

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
    • neptronix.org
Re: Patellar tendinitis
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 09:00:36 am »
Hey.. how are you doing today? did some rest improve it?

Offline Phillnut

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
    • คาสิโนออนไลน์ได้เงินจริง
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:45:03 am »
I want to know what to do. I think I need to improve the remaining work.

Offline Christine10S

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Patellar tendinitis
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 09:23:14 pm »
So Iím on my 9th month of sprained knees & patellar tendinitis.  I am doing my PT religiously 5 days a week...I feel like it helps for a week or 2, then the pain comes back out of nowhere.
Iím so afraid I have permanent damage...although my MRI didnít say that...my OS said I had PT along w PFS after he read it...
I was great last week, am now at 30 min cardio (15 min bike & 15 min elliptical) with no pain.
But I went in our hot tub last night for 20 min, (102 degrees), & about 10 min after I had a painful burning below the kneecaps, which hadnít happened before, & continued throughout today.  Iím just so tired of icing dayly & doing PT without continuous progress...
Can anyone offer words of encouragement? Or hope?
Thanks!

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 11:00:29 pm »
Hi Christine,

Burning anterior knee pain is a sign of runner knee (PFPS) that often connected with jumpers knee - patella tendonitis that easily flares up after PT exercises. I find with patella tendonitis and scar tissue build up that too many PT's push patients too far that just flares the knee up! My PT got me doing one legged squats with my right knee that had 3 scopes sitting up and down 10 times! Felt straight away intense pain around the portals.

I saw the top head physio when I had problems with patella tendonitis doing 3 sessions of ESWT followed by PT session of isometric holds that puts less strain on the knee than traditional PT exercises. Avoid squatting that many PTs seem to advise that only flares up the anterior knee pain. That just how I feel towards patella tendonitis that kneeling and squatting will only going to flare up the tendonitis that is still greatly misunderstood by many professionals.

Hope you get the answers and treatment options that will start easing your anterior knee pain and discomfort.

[email protected] 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:02:45 pm by Clarkey »
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support