Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pain after cartiforn surgery  (Read 126 times)

Offline Gary9641

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain after cartiforn surgery
« on: February 11, 2018, 07:11:32 AM »
Two years ago, I had a Cartiform procedure done to repair cartridge damage in my knee.  A year after the surgery, My knee was feeling good.  My knee was was weak but the knee felt healthy.  Then the pain started to come back. The best way to discribe the pain is to compare it to how a finger feels when you jam it playing basketball.  It always feels swollen and occasionally I will move it just right and it will cause me to grunt in pain.  The worst is when the pain causes me to fall when Iím walking.  Itís super embarrassing when I fall at work. Itís been this way for 12 months now.  Iím trying to avoid going back to the Doctor, because I donít want another surgery.  Iím hoping this is normal and just due to scare tissue and having 43 year old knees.  If it is scare tissue will this cause me issues down the road?

Offline Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 289
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Pain after cartiforn surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 10:01:27 AM »
Gonsee your surgeon. Only he can tell you what's going on and if treatment might be needed. Nobody can force you to have surgery ultimately if you don't want it

Maybe physiotherapy is needed, a knee support maybe. Cartilage is very difficult to repair successfully, more so around the patella or weight bearing areas (you don't say what bit was patched up)

Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

support