Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Any evidence to show taking Glucosamine chondroitin MSM helps cartilage regrow.  (Read 187 times)

Offline exrunner1

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Are there any studies to show taking Glucosamine chondroitin MSM helps cartilage regrow. I met about 7-8 doctors. All of them say GCM helps reduce cartilage damage but not help regrow. Any one on the forum who was able to regrow cartilage. Any inputs will be greatly appreaciated.

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 18
From the studies I have read, Glucosamine + Chondroitin will not regrow cartilage, and it is debatable whether it will provide pain relief, reduced inflammation, or slow down cartilage degeneration.
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

Offline exrunner1

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
From the studies I have read, Glucosamine + Chondroitin will not regrow cartilage, and it is debatable whether it will provide pain relief, reduced inflammation, or slow down cartilage degeneration.

Brandon, i read on a different page you were able to come out of PFPS(one of the rarest onces). Can you please point me to any blog post where you detailed your experience and the suggestions you make for others.

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 18

Brandon, i read on a different page you were able to come out of PFPS(one of the rarest onces). Can you please point me to any blog post where you detailed your experience and the suggestions you make for others.

Maybe you confuse me with somebody else, because I don't think I have written any post about overcoming PFPS. However, I would recommend that you check out the posts by SuspectDevice and Terry42. Both had full-blown PFPS and more or less overcame it.
RK sharp pain while running, diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 6/09
RK arthroscopic chondroplasty 9/09
RK rehab, recovery, 90% normal, started running again -> back to square one 5/15
RK diagnosis patellofemoral arthritis + LK diagnosis chondromalacia patellae 8/15 -> conservative treatment

Offline exrunner1

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Maybe you confuse me with somebody else, because I don't think I have written any post about overcoming PFPS. However, I would recommend that you check out the posts by SuspectDevice and Terry42. Both had full-blown PFPS and more or less overcame it.

Thank you, Brandon. I will do that for sure.