Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI query  (Read 551 times)

Offline GillyJay

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MRI query
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
Hi, following on from my patellofemoral thread in the general topics, I contacted various hospitals and independent MRI options. There was a vast difference in price between the private hospital prices and particularly Alliance aMedical ie private scan for 1 knee £549 against Alliance at £289. So I spoke to a knee clinic (private) to see if I could get a consultation and pay for it but supply my own MRI but the one I spoke to said their surgeon donít feel that an MRI done by Alliance was not suitable and they would prefer to have it done themselves. They said Alliance MRIs werenít usually good enough/detailed enough. Anyone else heard anything like this? Or is it a ploy from the private hospital to get the extra business? Alliance wonít do an MRI without Doc referral.
I am accepting the fact that I am going to have to go private s doing my best to speed it along.

Online Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 324
  • Neelie knee!
Re: MRI query
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:23:56 PM »
Iíll send you a PM later about a recent scan from AM
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

Offline GillyJay

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: MRI query
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:51:45 AM »
OK thank you. Knee issue getting much worse now since the 'give outs' started on thursday. Did the gym yesterday but no leg work other than floor. Stuck to upper body work on resistance machinery as have been doing since the outset so as not to put any weight on it. But this morning  is started just a 10 mins or so of being on it. Last 'give out' meant I couldn't put weight on it - just couldn't find the right pain-free position. Have had to go back to using a stick.