Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibial Plateau Complications  (Read 167 times)

Offline benjamin31edwards

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tibial Plateau Complications
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

Going on 12 weeks ago now I fractured my tibial plateau in a motorcross accident in Zimbabwe. I had an open reduction internal fixation with one plate and a handful of screws. The wound then got infected, I was put on the wrong antibiotics and the wound re sutured. The wound never closed and my GP in South Africa advised that I get down there ASAP for emergency treatment. The orthopod I was referred to then opened it up and cleaned it out on two seoerate occosaions and was hospitalized for a week. One of the pins were also removed as it wasnít seated correctly and there was risk the infection was going to get into the bone. I was then placed on a Vac dressing and have been on it for about a month. The soft tissue was so drastic that we havenít been able to get coverage. On inspection of my X-rays this week it would appear that the screws have now loosened as indicated by dark shadows on the X-rays (file too large to updoad maybe admin can help). I have now been referred to another orthopedic surgeon who specializes in external fixation to correct the joint intablilty. I would be most grateful if anyone could comment with some advice or anything similar as my head is now in a good place at the moment and feel as though Iím on my final thread
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:34:25 PM by benjamin31edwards »

support