Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Failed to keep up physiotherapy after ACL - what damage have I done?  (Read 243 times)

Offline Matt-s

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi.

First time poster due to my current situation

Had ACL surgery and was doing well for the first few months but honestly since then I have very much stopped which is really bad and am now 3 months since Iíve had a proper work out.

Iíve never really been a gym goer and found the whole process hard to keep going. I know I should be motivated but problems in personal life and work have made me almost give up. Although New Years resolution is to get back exercising..

My knee is really really creaky when leg is pulled back to bum.. so my question is how much damage do it think Iíve done and o you think I can recover from this??

Almost embarrassed to contact my physio again as itís been 3 months or more since I last contacted them..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 345
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Failed to keep up physiotherapy after ACL - what damage have I done?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:04:41 am »
Contact your Physio again to work on the difficulties. You donít need to go to a gym to rehab, it can all be done at home, out walking, cycling, in a pool.

Donít be embarrassed to go back. If life is busy, get a programme which is effective and can be done easily

Iím with you on the gym, Iíve recently rejoined at the behest of my rheumatologist. Iíll probably cancel again in April and get out on the bike more, far more enjoyable than being somewhere that stinks of sweaty blokes!
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
More tears and wear, scope planned in Jan 2019 to tidy up