Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibia plateau fracture  (Read 169 times)

Offline Sylvia50

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tibia plateau fracture
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »
Hi everyone
I had a car crash on 14th Dec 2017 and the op (graft, plate and screws) five days later. I've now had my staples removed and am at 30 movement of my splint. The doc has told me that I'll be non weight bearing at all for 12wk with no physio. Just to sit in my chair with my straight leg still for it to set well. My tibia split nearly all the way down. So have a very long plate inserted. Does this seem ok to everyone? I keep reading how people are walking around on crutches. I've to use a zimmer frame only. The doc also said i could be looking at a year before going back to work and 6 months before i start to see a difference. I feel like i may never recover. Especially after  reading all your walking and running abilities after a short time. Should I be worried? 🙂  I am rotating my ankle to avoid dropped foot and raising and lowering my leg. But that's it.
Has anyone any advice please.
Thank you
Sylvia x

Offline benjamin31edwards

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tibia plateau fracture
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »
Hi Sylvia,

I seem to be going through the exact same scenario
. I am however at the 12 week mark now but unfortunately have had complications with the bone healing and require additional surgery to restore stability and repair the plateau again as it has collapsed. Try and stay as positive as you can, I know it may feel like absolute hell at times. As they all say, time heals everything