Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Post Arthroscopic Issue  (Read 148 times)

Offline eddie1964

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post Arthroscopic Issue
« on: November 29, 2017, 09:43:21 PM »
I had arthroscopic surgery to repair a meniscal tear (also cleaned up some arthritic damage and removed floaters), just over 2 weeks ago 11/14/2017.
Stitches from the two wounds were removed 11/22/2017. When I got home that same day I noticed fluid (clear, yellowish) running down my leg out of one the wounds so I called the doctor and he said to put gauze pad on and wrap an ace bandage around it which I did. He said if it is still leaking after two hours call back. I did go back and he noticed the fluid and upon pressing around the wound some white pieces came out, so he said it should be good now and put gauze and wrap back on and put me on antibiotics.
By Sunday, 11/26, I only had a band-aid on it but that night it started to leak again.  So I called the doctor Monday morning, 11/27, and he had me come in.  He looked at it and saw no redness and I had no pain so he wrapped it up again, kept me on antibiotics and wanted to see me again Thursday 11/30.
Today is 11/29/17 and the wound is still leaking so I pressed a little around the wound and along with the clear yellowish fluid, pieces of hard matter came out. One was white an six were yellowish. See attached pic.
It seems to me that these pieces are not allowing my wound to heal. What should my doctor do next? Should I have him go back into my knee?
Thanks for your time.

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
Re: Post Arthroscopic Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
I don't think this sounds normal, what did the doctor say?

support