Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee and Shin pain years after surgery  (Read 177 times)

Offline Gimmers88

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee and Shin pain years after surgery
« on: October 28, 2017, 12:08:11 PM »
Hello, my name is Tom and I had a Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy back in 2012.

Everything seemed to go fine, fairly straight forward recovery, physio was good so I went back to work.

Fast forward a few years to 2016 when I randomly started to experience chronic pain in my shin and knee and I get spasms that can last for hours going from my ankle to my lower thigh.

Popped to the doctors, got referred to the surgeon who requested x-ray and MRI. Only just had the MRI last week and follow up appointment is on 7th November.

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this so many years after initial surgery?

It's starting to really affect my day to day activities and my mood has got so bad that everyone is sort of keeping a distance at work because I can get quite snappy due to the amount of pain that I am in.

I've been taking Co-codamol and Ibuprofen daily for over a year now and I fear my body has built a resistance to them as they don't even take the edge of anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to read my little rant.

Offline Gimmers88

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Knee and Shin pain years after surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »
Update:

MRI results showed bad cartilage damage so I'm having Arthroscopic chondroplasty of the patella to sort it out. They said if I was older (I'm 29) then I would be having a knee replacement.

Offline jeffmc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »
Update:

MRI results showed bad cartilage damage so I'm having Arthroscopic chondroplasty of the patella to sort it out. They said if I was older (I'm 29) then I would be having a knee replacement.

What sort of job do you have and how soon do you return post-op ?  Do you think work contributed to your (new?) cartilage damage ?

Offline Gimmers88

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
Thanks for replying. I currently repair Apple products which involves me being on my feet constantly so that may have not helped. Currently using a crutch at work and I've been given a stool to rest when I need to.

support