Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Your experiences of arthrofibrosis  (Read 3152 times)

Offline DogfacedGirl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 9
Re: Your experiences of arthrofibrosis
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2018, 08:58:26 AM »
All the best for Tuesday Clarkey!!

I have finished the first draft of the review paper on arthrofibrosis, and KNEEguru has very kindly provided some images to use in it, they look great! Writing it has been quite an amazing journey. It often takes papers about 6 months to get through the official peer review process and come out in print, unfortunately, but hopefully I will be able to share it before too much longer.

Kay
1999 Osteoarthritis both knees, chondroplasty
2004 MACI graft L knee
2005 MACI graft both knees
2007 MACI graft R knee
2007 Patella baja
2011 TKR both knees
2011 arthrofibrosis

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 69
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 09:44:10 PM »
Thanks, Kay

Be glad to see the back of the knee brace tomorrow afternoon, just hope the scar tissue has not built up too much with lack of movement in the knee with ROM set at 90 degrees. I think you mentioned that doing raised leg lifts can do more harm than good. I only do 12 lifts before getting out of bed reluctant to do anymore the weight of the knee brace causes anterior knee pain around the 3 main portals. Not being able to do friction massage therapy and patella mobilisation that I was told to do after scope #2 AIR. The 3rd scope had a lot more done to the knee with limited PT sessions. Cutting out on sugar in my tea and coffee that should help as well reduce scar tissue building up to high.

All the best for Tuesday Clarkey!!

I have finished the first draft of the review paper on arthrofibrosis, and KNEEguru has very kindly provided some images to use in it, they look great! Writing it has been quite an amazing journey. It often takes papers about 6 months to get through the official peer review process and come out in print, unfortunately, but hopefully I will be able to share it before too much longer.

Kay

Congratulations, completing your first review draft paper on arthrofibrosis, can always rely on Sheila vast knowledge and experience towards knee problems with her images making it more appealing than just plain writing. My book chapter now completed can relax until the book launch in October 2018. It feels great to achieve something academically useful for the readers that we have both accomplished.

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline DogfacedGirl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 09:19:47 AM »
Thanks Clarkey, and congrats to you too for your book chapter!

How is the knee going post brace? Yes, straight leg lifts caused severe inflammation of my patellar tendon and it shortened by 1/3, so be careful. If it hurts, I think it is wise to back off, and see if fewer lifts are OK.

Kay
2004 MACI graft L knee
2007 MACI graft R knee
2007 Patella baja
2011 TKR both knees
2011 arthrofibrosis

Offline wizardoz1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 07:39:25 PM »
I need some serious help.

What can someone do rehab wise with major scar tissue development

I had TKR on March 12th and already had a manipulation on March 30.

Another Manipulation scheduled for April 22.

Normal PT isn't working and very painful.

Don't know where to turn but my extension is +35 and flexion is 70.

Afraid I will never walk normally again.

Please advise

Chris

Offline DogfacedGirl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2018, 04:24:40 PM »
Hi Chris,
I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble, I know how hard it is. I can't offer much advise except to try and keep inflammation as low as possible. When I was faced with a similar situation I bought my own CPM and stayed on it all day and sometimes all night, and I did succeed in restoring functional bend in one knee. The other suffered another minor injury and that set off the inflammation again, so it now has active arthrofibrosis. But I know this approach might not be possible for you.

If you can, see a rheumatologist to get better control over inflammation, that is very important. And you should know that any further injury even from surgery or MUA can make things worse, not better. Nobody can predict the outcome. Exercise helps but needs to be carefully controlled so you don't get more inflammation from it.

I'm currently overseas with very sporadic access to the internet, and have to go now.

All the best,
Kay
2004 MACI graft L knee
2007 MACI graft R knee
2007 Patella baja
2011 TKR both knees
2011 arthrofibrosis