Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: chronic PFS- need advice, feel I've tried everything  (Read 9772 times)

Offline BusterCatLegs

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
Re: chronic PFS- need advice, feel I've tried everything
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2018, 01:01:59 PM »
Yeah, I've only been dealing with pain for 4-5 months and it was for the most part gone while resting the last week. I have been so not active that it's scary- going to start with 1 sad little leg lift every other day. What a grueling workout! Ha. Gosh my life has changed. Will probably avoid quad sets for a while since so many people can't tolerate them.

The last time I rested for a week all the pain went away and I was back to normal. This time resting didn't bring me back to normal 100% but pretty close. So I guess I have no choice but to work with what I have.

Offline reader278

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »
The reason I do quad sets is because SLRs give me some amt of hip pain so my physio thought it better to do the quad sets, and I must say I have noticed an improvement since I started these physio moves.

Offline BusterCatLegs

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »
When we say quad sets are we talking squeezing the quads with legs down or lifting each leg alternately?

Offline reader278

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »
Squeezing the quads with legs down. the only reason i think they're working for me is not because of the strengthening (yet) but because i'm learning to activate the muscle. but SLRs may be better tolerable for many?

support