Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: meniscus tear  (Read 158 times)

Offline jjca

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
meniscus tear
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:39:53 PM »
I tore my meniscus back to the root the os said.  This was a little over 6 months ago that I had surgery.  I'm thinking I partially tore it 5 months before surgery.  Then finished it off 6 weeks before surgery.  I still have inflammation, stiffness, & really not able to bend it.  The actually spot that hurt prior to surgery no longer hurts which is a good thing.  I no longer can kneel, or bend completely.  No matter how much I bend and stretch it.  The inflammation has gone down about 10% post surgery.  I hobble and limp and my back is taking a toll.
My father-in-law who is 30 years older than me had the same surgery about 4 weeks after me and is fine.  No lasting affects and has been fine for about 4 months. 
When I stand up from sitting anywhere from 15 min on I have to hobble for a while until it comes around. 
I would gladly take any suggestions.  One doctor told me that the inflammation and poor mobility is probably a life long problem or issue.  Is this true?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

support