Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Need guidance 1 week out from surgery  (Read 164 times)

Offline Pkklipp2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need guidance 1 week out from surgery
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »
I had surgery one week ago and I'm progressing much slower than I thought I would be. I had a capsular release, anterior interval release, synovectomy, and microfracture. Several of these were unexpected but I was weight bearing as tolerated right away and I really thought I would of ditched my crutches by now. I'm down to one and sometimes I hobbled around short distances with none. Please someone who has had any of these let me know about your recovery. I think I'm fairy tough after two osteotomies and I'm pushing myself but this seems to be progressing way to slowly for a scope. My range of motion is good the joint is just very unstable and sore. Thanks in advance!

Offline Torao

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 7
Re: Need guidance 1 week out from surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »
Every recovery is different. Just because you were fine after previous surgeries doesn't mean you'd have the same recovery from a different, later surgery. While I haven't had microfracture, my friend did and she was on crutches for 6 weeks. I'm guessing a different part of the knee as she was no weight bearing at all for that period.

The best thing to do in my experience is to do whatever rehab you have been given to do and trust the system.

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
Re: Need guidance 1 week out from surgery
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »
I also believe that you just need to give this more time, one week out of surgery is nothing, and you had a fairly bit of stuff done in there!

support