Author Topic: 2 weeks after micro fracture surgery  (Read 178 times)

Offline Rugbyboy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 weeks after micro fracture surgery
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »
I had micro fractures on my knee 2 weeks ago. I have been told 6 weeks partial weight bearing. Now we are 2 week on my knee feels absolutely fine. The exercises I was given to do at home I can do no problem. I have tried to talk to my doctor but unfortunately for me he is now in Portugal playing golf.

Has anyone had micro fractures and felt normal after 2 weeks? Could I start to do any static bike cycling?

I have had knee surgery a few times over the years from different rugby injuries but I have never felt so good this quickly.

Any advice would be great.

Offline Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 260
  • Neelie knee!
Re: 2 weeks after micro fracture surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »
Follow your surgeon's advice and use the crutches as directed.The 'clot' caused by the mfx needs to mature and harden into fibrocartilage, or it will fail and you could be worse off with fewer repair options.

Do not do anything rehab wise until cleared by your Physio. If you don't have one, engage one with knee expertise who has rehabbed mfx

The knee probably feels ok because you're not walking on it ;)

Patience needed! :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

Offline Rugbyboy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 06:30:54 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Pkklipp2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »
So happy to hear you are feeling so good and I agree to follow advice. If itís wirking donít change a thing. I had microfracture along with synvovectomy, capsular release, and anterior interval release and was full weight bearing as tolerated right away. I have been miserable and surgery was 1.5 weeks ago. Iíve been wishing I was no weight bearing. Iím always intrigued as to surgeons vastly different instructions. I guess what Iím saying is I wouldnít vary from your dr instructions of you might feel like me and regret it 😬. Best of luck. 

Advertisement