Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee slightly buckling/feels loose and week.. worried  (Read 221 times)

Offline rubyvica

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee slightly buckling/feels loose and week.. worried
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:50:19 PM »
Hello! I am a month and half post acl surgery, patella tendon replacement. Recently after one of my pt sessions, the next day my surgical knee was feeling loose and weak. That specific week I was walking on it a lot and sometimes dancing as I was at a dance. Over the course of the week it has been slightly popping and then gradually started buckling but not a lot, just feels like a slight unlocking of my knee, very slight. Should I be worried, sometimes it feels like my knee is going to give. I have been telling my physical therapist, but they don't seem worried. HELP, really nervous!

Offline Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 264
  • Neelie knee!
Re: knee slightly buckling/feels loose and week.. worried
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:04:48 AM »
Sounds like you need to ease right off, you're still very soon post surgery, avoid any impact on the knee, like dancing! Just stick to physio exercises as tolerated to strengthen the knee, RICE to deal with swelling. Your graft is in its most vulnerable state now until about 3 months. ACL recovery is a marathon not a sprint, think 6-12 months to approach normality

When do you see the surgeon again to get checked?
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

support