Author Topic: Physical Therapy post ACL surgery pain  (Read 76 times)

Offline Jpillow09

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Physical Therapy post ACL surgery pain
« on: September 11, 2017, 06:56:21 PM »
Hey guys, I am now one month post ACL surgery on my left knee (hamstring graft.) I started my PT the day after surgery and needless to say it has been very rough. My extension is perfect, so good that my brace was unlocked and able to bend after 4 weeks. My serious issue however is the flexion (bend) of my knee. Bending my knee (sheet pulls, stretches) has been one of the most painful experiences of my life. I posted on here a week or so ago about the tightness in the front of my kneecap issue. It feels like a rubber band inside my knee is stretched to the absolute max and could tear and rip out of my skin at anytime. This is during bending exercises. They have recently started bending my knee (foot to butt/hip) while I'm laying face down on my stomach, and while they were able to get to 90 degrees, it has honestly been the absolute most painful experience I have ever been through in my entire life. I'm not able to lay flat on the table and I shake and swirl all over the place. I just cannot take it. I consider myself to be tough, but this hurts 10x worse than when I actually tore my ACL. I honestly do not understand how people can go through this (they assured me every ACL patient does). There is severe tightness and pain in the front of my knee and on the left side (outer part) of my knee the deeper into the bend they go. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this??? It is to the point where I forced them to stop this morning (shamefully) because I just couldn't take it.

Advertisement