Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: How to know if ACL RECONSTRUCTION FAILED OR STRETCHED?  (Read 253 times)

Offline DiscoLemonade

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
How to know if ACL RECONSTRUCTION FAILED OR STRETCHED?
« on: September 10, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »
Saludos! Hey everyone i had ACL surgery 3 months ago everything seemed to be going smoothly. But two weeks ago ive been feeling sharp pain when i walk and its still there after 2 weeks of rest and ice. Worried i have agravated my graft or it failed. What are the symptoms of failed ,stretched or retear of the graft?

Offline Navtinho

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: How to know if ACL RECONSTRUCTION FAILED OR STRETCHED?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:37:25 PM »
Hi, Did you have a specific incident/perform a movement which you think could have torn/stretched the graft or have you just been following rehab protocol ? If you havent had any incidents, I wouldnt really worry, cos the graft wouldnt just tear. During my recovery, I had many instances during which I had minor incidents which led to the same worry. Is it just pain or is it also swelling ?

I would suggest visiting your surgeon as a follow up and explaining your concern to him. Im not sure if 3 months is early, but he could do the Lachman test to evaluate.

Offline swimmermex

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 05:52:25 PM »
This ^^

my surgeon did drawer test and said it was a bit loose, I did have an incident at 4months. I agree if you havent had any incidents you should be ok. I still had pain aroun the 3months mark from time to time. Check with your surgeon though.

Offline DiscoLemonade

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »
Thanks for your replies, the physio was making me do a plank with some donkey kicks and that gave me pain and then I did all the routine ( walking on treadmill, single leg squat extending the opposite leg, assisted squats, Knee cable extensions, walking up stairs, BOSU ball balance,good mornings, calve raises, stair climmber, side stepping with band on ankles, stationery bike and the pads with to stimulate the quad muscle) After that day i had pain when i walked. I considered this routine light because at home i was already squatting with a bit of weight and doing harder workouts and never experienced pain when walking at this phase. Went to see my surgeon he said the graft is fine. Also did the Lachman test it was ok. Said it could be scar tissue. But still concerned still have sharp pain with each step , back to using one crutch. Gave me a medrol pack and seeing him in 2more weeks. See what happens frustrating putting in so much work to get backtracked now.

support