Author Topic: Pain one year after ACL  (Read 91 times)

Offline wojotss

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain one year after ACL
« on: September 09, 2017, 07:18:08 PM »
Hello. I had my ACL reconstruction with meniscus repair last year, 17.10.2016
My recovery went quite well, I attended PT once a week in the city where I live and once every month I was also going to the PT in the diffrent city where I had my surgery and the PT was far more professional. So about 5 month mark the PT in my city told me I don't really need to come anymore, just told me to remain my regime of exercising (I attended gym 2 - 3 times a week just to exercise my legs).
With the second PT I was still meeting once in a month - two. Eventually I started running and everything was fine (except maybe when I run a long distance it could be a little bit uncomfortable feeling afterwards for a day or two) I generally felt good, but lately I came back to playing football (very lightely, I'm super scared of fighting and being in close quarters I'd say) and after 30 minutes of playing football my knee starts to hurt a bit. The slight pain is in the back of the knee, behind the knee I'd say. My thought is that happens because I still lack some flexion and actually it's not my knee but muscles around it that make me uncomfortable during sports. My knee feels as stable as the other one, during my recovery I didn't ever had any accident with this knee and last time (around 2 months ago) on a check-up with my surgeon he said everything was fine so I don't consider that something would be wrong with ACL or meniscus but I just have no idea what's the problem. I thought that after almost a year I would feel great and forget about my knee, but maybe it needs more time?

Advertisement