Author Topic: ACL repair  (Read 112 times)

Offline IAmGeranimo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL repair
« on: September 09, 2017, 03:05:29 PM »
So, tore my ACL about a year and a half ago playing soccer, however I couldn't get the go ahead from tricker to get an MRI until August of this year. Wound up tearing my ACL in my left knee, MCL, and outer meniscus with a radial tear. Had surgery on the 31st of August. Was told I can't walk for 6 weeks, however I start physical therapy hopefully next week. Is there anything I can do in the mean time as far as moving my leg and such? I was told to wear my brace locked straight whenever I have to go anywhere, however I don't have to wear it when I go to sleep. So I know for a fact that I can bend it a little bit, however I'm scared to push it due to no weight being allowed on it.

Offline IAmGeranimo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: ACL repair
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »
Tricare not ticker**

Offline Miss Angela

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: ACL repair
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:07:23 AM »
Weird to hear that they wouldn't approve an MRI...
We can get them here with out any issues :)
I also had a complete rupture of my ACL, and a second grade tear of my MCL, thankfully meniscus was left intact.
While I haven't had surgery (spontaneously healed), I did get stuck in a brace for 4 weeks, to allow the MCL to heal. Due to the injury I was locked at 45 and 90 degrees of extension and flexion. Had a lot of muscle wastage, but when I was allowed to get back to the physio a lot of it was stretching out the supportive muscles - hamstrings, glutes, calves, quads, and building them back up to support my knee.

A lot of the knee centres have protocols for exercises to do post surgery, not sure if you got this or not. But I have attached one that looks similar to some of the exercises I have been given by my physio - which progressively get harder as I get more flexibility in the joint, as well as the ability to put more weight on my leg.

Good luck with the rehab!!!

Advertisement