Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 3 weeks post op  (Read 113 times)

Offline Bwalden

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
3 weeks post op
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:50:16 AM »
Hey there I'm brand new to this forum. For weeks ago tomorrow I fell and landed on a handicap plate on a sidewalk and fractured my left ankle, right hand and shattered my right kneecap. Life has totally changed for me since then .
Was taken to the ER where they performed x-rays and was told my ankle was broke but my knee was only bruised and to go home and walk on it and bend it. I knew better. Never felt such pain before period this happened on a Saturday and Monday morning I called the ortho and they got me in 1st thing Tuesday and I had emergency surgery at 6 o'clock Wednesday morning. Just not sure if a lot of what I'm going through is normal in wanted other people to talk to who are going through it who or who have gone through the same looking for some support. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction on here. Thanks

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
Re: 3 weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:12:10 AM »
That was some bad luck, but good you felt that something wasn't right and went to an ortho as soon as possible! Personally, I don't have any experience of patella fracture, but there are many people on the forum with this type of injury. I am sure some of them can share their experiences with you. Also, there are a lot of old (weeks to years) discussions on patella fractures that you might find helpful. And don't hesitate to ask in the forum if there is something during your recovery that is worrying you.

support