Author Topic: TTO, MPFL Reconstruction, and Meniscus Repair  (Read 96 times)

Offline arae21

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TTO, MPFL Reconstruction, and Meniscus Repair
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:44:26 PM »
Hey everyone,

I am a 23 year old female and am having a TTO, MPFL reconstruction, and lateral meniscus repair on my right knee on Sept 15. I have struggled with patella instability due to my patella sitting higher than it should, incorrect tracking and recurrent dislocations.

First, I'm a little confused and need to call my surgeon because during my consult and MRI follow up, he said he DIDNT want to do the TTO because of risk of infection and other reasons... but when I called today they said I had a TTO scheduled as well. Either way, I've been looking through these boards and just would like more info. on recovery from all three of these procedures at once. I have a 3 month old daughter, and although I'll have help, I'm still extremely anxious about taking care of her and myself while going through all of this.

My left knee hasn't been injured but still has the tracking and anatomy problems... do any of you have the same issue where one knee has been injured but the other hasn't and still has anatomical issues? Should I get the TTO and MPFL reconstruction on that knee also?

I'm all over the place with this post but I am sooooo beyond nervous...

Offline Corning94

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: TTO, MPFL Reconstruction, and Meniscus Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:51:38 AM »
Hi arae21,

I am also a 23 year old female who has struggled with patella instability in my right knee. My patella is higher than it should be as well. I don't have much to offer in terms of answers to your question, but I am curious about what led your doctor to decide to do at least the MPFL reconstruction. Also, out of curious have you ever had a lateral release?

Interestingly enough, my left knee also hans't been injured but has the same problems. I've been told that because both knees are structured the same, it was only a matter of time :/ I would say though just focus on the right knee for now. Hopefully the left knee won't get as bad but if it does, you can address it at that time.

Sorry that you have to go through all these procedures at one time. I'm really hoping that everything goes well and you have a smooth recovery.

Advertisement

support