Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My PCL/MCL damage to my knee  (Read 485 times)

Offline bartoszch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
My PCL/MCL damage to my knee
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:05 AM »
Hi all,

This is my fist post here. 9 weeks ago I had an accident on roller blades. I felt on bend knee and felt pain immediately. On MRI got information that I have MCL grade II injury, grade III MPLF injury and serous injury to my PCL. I have attached my MRI image of PCL which is swollen, but not completely torn. After recent examination the doctor said that MCL and MPLF has healed fine and I shouldn't worry to much about them. In relation to PCL - I have ca 3mm of posterior laxity for now at 90.

Questions to You:
  • Do You think that this ligament can shrink a bit in the future?
  • Do You think that such laxity will be any problem in my life?

Thanks for any reply!
Cheers

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:59:54 AM by bartoszch »

Offline ryano

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: My PCL/MCL damage to my knee
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:52:23 AM »
I suffered a grade 2 PCL tear.
It took about 6 months to fully get over the injury, I was told there's no point in operating as PCL operations are hard and don't yield results like an ACL repair. My OS also told me alot of people live without a PCL, it's not as important as the ACL.

I waited 4 months and had another MRI done and it showed the pcl had healed/scarred. Just give it time.

Offline bartoszch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:47:03 AM »
Hi ryano,

Thanks a lot. Did Your posterior laxity has decreased over time? Do you any residual laxity now (I mean - can You push your tibia back when you sit, Your legs are in symmetry position and Your leg is bent at 90)? I am curious, because right now I can do this, but not too much (about 2 millimeters) and I am curious if this will disappear.

Do You now have any feeling of instability or feeling that there is something wrong with this knee?

Thanks!

Offline ryano

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:41:42 AM »
Hey mate, I don't have any lax or pain at the moment. Well not in the knee I injured the PCL. Injury was about 10 months ago now.

I recently did a grade 2 MCL on my other knee though. That's about 8 weeks old and while I don't have any weakness. I'm still getting alot of pain on flexion

Offline bartoszch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 02:31:02 PM »
Thanks a lot!
Few days ago the doctor told me, that I have ca 2mm of posterior instability which is quite small. He said that if I come today and he didn't know about my injury there is a chance that he didn't notice it. Of course to get exact value I need to go for stress measurement (like Telos). My last MRI made one week ago showed PCL in better shape with scary tissue covering some part of it. I don't feel any instability when using my leg, but I still can see small movement when I sit and look at it.

I will write an update in december if someone will follow the same way.

If someone is curious - I am attaching my PCL from new MRI.

Offline ryano

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 10:26:15 AM »
What do you mean movement?
Are you sure it's moving or do you think it's the normal joint flexibility and you just think it's moving??

MCL and PCL will heal themselves. It may take mk this but they have blood supply.

Offline bartoszch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »
Hi mate,

Try to bent your knee at 90 lock it on floor level to keep it still. Then tighten your quards and just after this tighten your flexors. Just try to bend it and extend it and observe your lower leg - is it moving forth and back more than in your opposite leg? Mine is moving back about 2mm more than good one. More movement is when I bent it more. Right now I am 4,5 months after injury and to be honest - I am not very optimistic about having more stability in the future. It does not disturb me much, but it makes me sad when I look on the knee that is it not 100% stable any more. The good thing is that the more extended the leg is - the more stable it is. I can't observe any instability at 30 degrees.

support