Author Topic: Observations on arthrofibrosis  (Read 485 times)

Offline DogfacedGirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: Observations on arthrofibrosis
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »
Wow, you've got a lot going on Clarkey, at the ripe old age of 39. I had severe arthritis of the knees at 35, so I can understand how hard it is having that type of health problem.

That's a really long time to wait for a report, I hope the knee report doesn't take that long. In Australia we don't get reports, we're supposed to understand and remember everything from a consultation, but it's a good idea to write it down and formalise it all in a report.

Are you doing research into autism and the legal system? It would be an interesting area.

Yes, I'm still going well on the fish oil and low dose aspirin, thanks. I did a heap of gardening today which is satisfying and I really enjoy it, although I have to wear a good mask and gloves which isn't so nice. I wouldn't have been able to do much gardening before because of my knee flaring up, especially after a walk the day before.
Kay
1999 Osteoarthritis both knees, chondroplasty
2004 MACI graft L knee
2005 MACI graft both knees
2007 MACI graft R knee
2007 Patella baja
2011 TKR both knees
2011 arthrofibrosis

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 47
  • Never put 100% trust into a negative MRI scan!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 06:56:23 PM »
Hi Kay,

Having severe arthritis at the age of 35 never easy as you have to make changes to your lifestyle by cutting back on activities that aggravate the knees is hard to accept at any age. It always been standard practice to have a written report posted to your GP and the patient from the OS consultation. It has slowed down the waiting time for the report to come back was 3 to 4 weeks and now it 2 to 3 months, makes a pleasant change to see a written report sent on a sheet of paper as nowadays everything is kept on record online or the cloud that more risky that someone can get hold of your personal data. The good old fashioned way getting the letter in the post that I have kept in a folder since 2007 and is almost full is safer.

Here is a link to the ERC Voices Project that I been chosen to take part in after being unjustly convicted for a minor incident at a hostel I was staying at while my dad had terminal cancer by getting daily emotional, verbal and even physical abuse from the staff that will be explained all in my chapter I have written as a storyteller with my respondent going through the technical legal jargon and the human rights violations that occurred during breakdown and diagnoses of Asperger's in 2004/05.

https://ercvoices.com/2016/09/14/meet-the-storyteller-nicholas-clarke/

https://ercvoices.com/2016/09/15/meet-the-respondent-nell-munro/

I am a much stronger individual since my ordeal and now a volunteer support worker for adults and young people with additional needs that I enjoy doing as I understand what they might be feeling when down in the dumps.

Some Aussies that are participating in the ERC Voices Project.

https://ercvoices.com/2016/10/04/meet-the-storyteller-cath-roper/

https://ercvoices.com/2016/10/06/meet-the-respondent-piers-gooding/

Book launch is October 2018, that will so come round quickly.

[email protected]
RK: PFS, P.T, maltracking & arthrofibrosis
Scope #3 scheduled October 2017
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision & fat pad trim
Cortisone injections: R-hip 04/04/17 R-knee 23/12/15, 22/10/15, 13/05/15, 30/03/10, 23/04/09

Offline DogfacedGirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
Hi Clarkey,

I agree, having written records is much better! I've never seen the reports that my GP gets from my surgeon, so the UK is ahead of us there, it should be done here too.

It sounds like you've had a tough time, dealing with your father's terminal cancer would have been hard enough on it's own, and then to have the other major stress on top of that, I can see that you would get to breaking point. It's good to hear that you've been able to turn the experience into a positive, grow from it, and help others as well. So many people cant' do any of that. I hope the workshop goes well, it sounds like the work they're doing is badly needed, but I must say that personally I would be concerned about having surgery before it, in case the healing process wasn't as good as hoped.
Kay
2004 MACI graft L knee
2007 MACI graft R knee
2007 Patella baja
2011 TKR both knees
2011 arthrofibrosis

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 09:30:10 PM »
Hi Kay,

Thought it would be standard practice to be able to have access to your medical reports as you have the right to know what'S up with your body by asking your GP for a duplicate copy. If you are paying privately for consultations you should always receive the review of your consultation that you paid for or using your insurance that you been paying into. May have to go personally to your GP reception and ask if you can have a copy or call your OS's secretary.

Still no letter for surgery date, will wait until Monday and will call my OS secretary if I have not received a date for my 3rd scope in the post. I agree that if it falls close to 20th November when I fly out will have to postpone the surgery which puts a damper on my Birthday and Christmas celebrations and would have to then wait till January. It's only a short flight so DVT should not be a problem its the walking, standing and sitting around the airport and public transport would be too much strain post-op. Early to mid October would still be ok to go ahead with surgery any later then will ask to go ahead in January. Want to enjoy Christmas and New Year celebrations having a few pints of lager lol, that not great post op if you are prone to scarring!

[email protected]
Cortisone injections: R-hip 04/04/17 R-knee 23/12/15, 22/10/15, 13/05/15, 30/03/10, 23/04/09

Offline DogfacedGirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 08:25:51 AM »
Good luck getting your appointment date Clarkey, it sure does help to be able to plan things.

I'm off tomorrow to see Dr Paterson, I won't be taking an internet device with me, so I'll post an update late next week on how it all went.
Kay
2004 MACI graft L knee
2007 MACI graft R knee
2007 Patella baja
2011 TKR both knees
2011 arthrofibrosis

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
Hi Kay,

Hope you consultation went well and got some good advise and benefits from seeing Dr Paterson advising your differently from previous OS's. Giving it a few more days longer before calling the hospital to check what date my 3rd scope is scheduled for. Would be stupid to have it done near to my important conference in Ireland that I have been looking forward to all year and cannot miss or will jeopardise my book chapter. Surgery would have to fall near to that date that's always the way in life, falling at the wrong time of the year.

[email protected] 

Advertisement

support