Author Topic: URGENT (BASKETBALL SCHOLARSHIP) patellar tracking problems  (Read 81 times)

Offline maltracker

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
URGENT (BASKETBALL SCHOLARSHIP) patellar tracking problems
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:14:34 AM »
I've developed patellar tracking disorder from limping around with improper mechanics for about 5 months because of a torn meniscus. At least I think that's what happened.

Now, I'm on the brink of an NCAA D2 basketball scholarship, potentially worth a quarter of a million dollars. I just need to tune up a couple areas of my leg to bring back my complete confidence and let go of any tentativeness I have with using my leg at it's full capacity.

Anyway, I've strengthened the vastus medialis for the last 7 months and have noticed significant increase in size in the medialis, but, frustratingly enough, the lateralis has also become stronger and still feels like it contracts harder than the medialis when I straighten my leg forcefully. If anyone has any tips on how to somehow deactivate the lateralis, please let me know.

My healthy leg's medialis seems to contract more on the inside of my leg, and this doesn't feel the same on the disorderly leg. Was wondering if there are any exercise modifications to target the medial side of the medialis.

Also, the lateralis has become so dominant that it feels like it's taken over the responsibility of lifting the leg, and my rectus femoris and vastus intermedialis do not contribute much like the ones in the other leg do. Even the lateral side of my calf muscle has become more dominant and I wonder if calf raises are only exacerbating the problem.

Any exercises or tips to help rectify these problems or to help me progress back into running, jumping, sliding, will be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Offline dal_knee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 42
Re: URGENT (BASKETBALL SCHOLARSHIP) patellar tracking problems
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:53:32 AM »
Did you get surgery for the torn meniscus ??

For weakened vmo have a PT insert acupuncture needles and apply pulsing current as an effort to increase response. I would recommend this whether you had meniscus surgery or not. If you haven't yet had meniscus surgery , consider a PRP injection to help relieve symptoms. Or a stem cell injection direct into meniscus body.
2007 - partial medial meniscectomy
2010 - full thickness chondral defect & adjacent subchondral edema MFC.   Direct result of stupid partial mensicectomy from 2007.
2014 - Subchondroplasty, chondroplasty, unauthorized 2nd partial medial meniscectomy.
2015 - partial failure of subchondroplasty.

Advertisement

support