Author Topic: denovo recovery  (Read 352 times)

Offline cameronlyon3

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
denovo recovery
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:48:26 AM »
Ill try to keep this short... I had a denovo allograft surgery underneath my kneecap on June 22nd. At the time of posting this I am full weight bearing while my leg is locked straight in a brace. I am doing the regular protocol I was given which includes CPM for 6-8 hours a day. I am having some sort of grinding that feels all too familiar. I touched base with the doctors and they tried to reassure me that the clicking/grinding is part of the healing process. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thank you

Offline 01

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
Re: denovo recovery
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:39 AM »
In my experience, the pain i felt in the first few months after the surgery eventually went away. The clicking really hasn't though, which is a shame, as the knee didn't click as much before the surgery. I have not felt any grinding.
04/2016 Denovo NT on LFC/trochlea

Offline cameronlyon3

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:12:29 PM »
Thanks for your reply. How are you doing now with the procedure?

Offline 01

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:05:01 AM »
Thanks for asking -- I actually used to update my progress journal on this forum every once in a while but haven't made an update in months.

It's been more than a year since I had the Denovo surgery, and the recovery has been a bit slower than I had hoped. The main problem has been building up strength in the post-op leg -- I developed some tendinitis and had to take a rest, setting me back a few months. I am back into my exercises now though, and in some aspects I am already better than before the surgery; for example, I can now do single leg squats. However, I am not yet allowed to run, let alone jump, which I was hoping the surgery would enable me to do. Given the progress I have made so far, I remain optimistic.

Hope your recovery will go well.
04/2016 Denovo NT on LFC/trochlea

Offline diesiel

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 06:23:34 AM »
What is being cleared to jump contingent upon?

Advertisement

support