Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Cannabis to treat osteoarthritis  (Read 465 times)

Offline Valentina

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Cannabis to treat osteoarthritis
« on: July 31, 2017, 05:09:54 AM »
Hi, I am a sixty four year old from Canada. I have always been positive and active throughout my life.
Last week, when I woke up, I felt pain in my entire body, except in the eyelids. I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my shoulder and hips before. I had one of my hips replaced and I had to depend on crutches for about a month after the surgery.
I suffer from occasional pains, but I never rely on painkillers. I sought nutritional and exercise advice from a medical professional and practiced it for a few weeks. But, it is not showing any effect. I am tired of trying conventional methods as they are not doing any good for me.
My son asked me to visit a medical cannabis clinic in Toronto as they can treat osteoarthritis using medical cannabis. He says that many people are satisfied with the results over there. But, I am confused on whether it will do any harmful effect for an aged person like me. Is it safe for a 64 year old to take this treatment? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:09:53 AM by The KNEEguru »

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 51
  • Never put 100% trust into a negative MRI scan!
Re: Cannabis to treat osteoarthritis
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:00:16 PM »
Hi Valentina,

Sorry that you are in chronic pain on a daily basis and can fully understand after being diagnosed with osteoarthritis that you are looking into cannabis oil for some much needed pain relief. Cannabis oil is a naturally grown plant that if used in the correctly can be very effective and beneficial for a number of medical and mental health conditions. Cannabis oil under supervision and guidance at a clinic should be legalised so you do not get prosecuted and convicted for possession of cannabis even if you are using it for medicinal purposes for pain relief. Helps to fight off cancer cells that could save thousands of cancer patients lives curing their cancer or helping extend their life spending those important extra few weeks, months or years with family and friends.

I rather be given a natural grown medication then a man made medication in a laboratory! Pharmaceutical industry are going lose out is not a bad thing to happen if natural products like cannabis oil can be used for MS, parkinson's disease and for individuals living in chronic pain like yourself to help reduce the daily pain and discomfort.

Medical cannabis has many success stories where cancer patients have greatly benefited from cannabis oil treatment therapy. Same applies to chronic pain giving each individual a better quality of life with a much needed pain relief instead of feeling like a zombie drugged up with morphine. Hemp oil does not have the same impact and success as cannabis oil that the alternative option, with no great impact for chronic pain and cancer patients.

Smoking a joint will do more harm then good, cannabis oil extracted from the cannabis plant instead of drying it out to roll and smoke. It a safe way of administrating cannabis using the correct cannabis variety under medical supervision at a clinic where patient's are supervised so they are given the correct dosage which applies for all legal prescribed drugs too much will do more harm than good.

http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/cannabis-oil-a-global-medicine/

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/a-drop-at-a-time-how-cannabis-oil-is-changing-lives-of-cancer-pat

[email protected]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:02:27 PM by Clarkey »
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis & Tendinopathy
Scope #3 scheduled 26/01/18
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision & fat pad trim
Cortisone injections: R-Hip - FAI 04/04/17  RK 23/12/15, 22/10/15, 13/05/15, 30/03/10, 23/04/09