Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: It's been 7.5 months but I am still worried because of painful popping  (Read 454 times)

Offline Artem

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi there,

I've had
Tear of ACL,
Derangement of MM (Medial Meniscus)
Bucket handle tear of lateral meniscus

I've had surgery around 7.5 months ago (27th of October)
Arthroscopic partial medial meniscectomy
Reconstruction of ACL

After surgery doctor said that they didn't touch my lateral meniscus because there was a chance for it to recover and there was no need to touch it.
Since first days after surgery I was working on my knee, doing physiotherapy. Each time was adding more and more exercises.

Currently I am running around 20 minutes (4 km) daily, working on my bottom and upper body parts separately and everything seems good yet I am not able to start playing soccer nor do any sharp movements.

Each time I do any wrong sharp move, for example running in diagonals or passing the ball I feel painful popping in my knee, after 10-15 seconds the pain goes away but my knee gets swollen with time and I am not able to walk properly next 2-3 days. After 2-3 days I can run and work out in gym like nothing happened. I checked the problem with my doctor and after he checked all he said was that the positive drawer is very slight.

Could it be my lateral meniscus that was never touched? Should I do MRI, or these painful knee popping are fine and will be gone with time?

support