Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: HELP!! Desperately need ortho in Indiana for revision/reconstruction  (Read 647 times)

Offline mknmaa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
I had my TKR on 2/28, and there is something terribly wrong with it.  I had a TTT done in 2011 that was not done correctly.  Instead of anteriorlizing my patellar tendon, it was moved medially (I was tracking perfectly prior).  I've have had nothing but trouble since that surgery.

In 2015, I had a PFJR.  The tracking should have been corrected at that time, but my then ortho told me that it doesn't matter if I'm tracking because I would be rubbing metal and plastic.  Boy was he wrong! The patellar button loosened and the side of my patella that still had cartilage continued to rub  I also continued to have the same symptoms that I had pre PFJR.

Now, after my TKR, I am not only having the same pains and locking, but new symptoms. What I can conclude is that since my patellar tendon was already not aligned, when the TKR was done and the femur and tibia aligned, it is causing even more misalignment causing twisting of my bones.  It is excruciating and is only getting worse.  I am back on crutches and confined to my couch due to the pain in any position.

It's very depressing, and I'm losing hope that I will fine a qualified doctor who has experience with TTTs and TKR revisions and reconstruction.  The doctor has to be in Indiana, and I would like to stay north of Indy (including Indy).

8/91 L & R chondroplasty
12/94 R chondroplasty w/ lat. release
9/99 L chondroplasty w/ lat. release
5/10 L chondroplasty and ACI biopsy
7/10 ACI
12/10 chondroplasty and ACI biopsy
5/11 R ACI
10/4/11 L AMZ
4/27/12 R AMZ
9/1/15 L scope- exploratory- prep for PFJR
9/29/15 L PKR- PFA
2/28/17 L TKR

Online Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 269
  • Neelie knee!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:37:54 AM by Vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

Offline mknmaa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
I'm aware of the surgeon list, thank you!  For some reason I can't  get the state drop down to work. I can only choose the country and city.

I was also looking for firsthand experiences.  I'm a little apprehensive about doing my own searches for doctors.

Thanks!
8/91 L & R chondroplasty
12/94 R chondroplasty w/ lat. release
9/99 L chondroplasty w/ lat. release
5/10 L chondroplasty and ACI biopsy
7/10 ACI
12/10 chondroplasty and ACI biopsy
5/11 R ACI
10/4/11 L AMZ
4/27/12 R AMZ
9/1/15 L scope- exploratory- prep for PFJR
9/29/15 L PKR- PFA
2/28/17 L TKR

Online Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 269
  • Neelie knee!
You could use the search function with the names in the list, and see what comes up. Unfortunately for Berend, there are few hits and nothing since about 2010, nor from a current forum user. If you want to do some research, look at the research and publications done by the different surgeons and see where their expertise lies

Here in the U.K., I'd speak to my GP, physio and current surgeon for their thoughts or a recommendation, don't know whether that works within the US system (there's no financial incentive here to hang onto patients or not offer advice)

This site has a large membership but over a very wide geographic area, so it could be hard to get first hand experience for a very specific need

Good luck :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:57:21 AM by Vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

Offline Suzinthecity1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: HELP!! Desperately need ortho in Indiana for revision/reconstruction
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 12:36:31 AM »
Hi MKNMAA....

K Donald Shelbourne in Indianapolis - was my knee surgeon.  He is excellent with "trouble knees."  Highly recommend.

Wishing you the BEST in your continued recovery. 

support