Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Help Quadricepts tendon repair issue  (Read 225 times)

Offline Tae111

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Help Quadricepts tendon repair issue
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:38:35 AM »
1 week ago I had surgery to repair a complete rupture of my right quadriceps tendon. I am in a streight leg brace. Tonight I was walking with my crutches and came down a little hard on the repaired leg.  The leg did not bend at all but I felt a pop. It was not painful when I did this but  it was a definate pop. Now I am afraid something from the surgery gave way. Is that possible or probable?

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 161
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Help Quadricepts tendon repair issue
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:04:56 AM »
Hi Tae111

Welcome to KneeGuru

How did you sustain your RQT injury?    Where do you live?

Suggest that you log onto - Ruptured Patella/Quadricep/Surgery where you will find buddies to help you with answers to your questions.

Suggest that you click onto the undernieth link - this contains a number of documents which explains your injury and information of the rehab process - you are in for a long hail to recovery.

Keep asking questions and keep posting,

JohnK/ Manchester UK
https://www.facebook.com/QuadricepsPatellarTendonRupture
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline Tae111

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:41:23 AM »
I live in New Jersey USA. I am 63 years old . I was going down the stairs at home . I slipped on the second from the bottom stair and when I hit the bottom there was a loud snap. The sound had me thinking I had broken my leg. I have been made aware of the long hill I have to climb. I just hope I haven't set that hill even higher.   I did find the  topic you refered to and posted there as well.   Thank you. Tae111/ NJ USA

Offline Barrjoe

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 12:41:29 AM »
Hi Tae, Upper Michigan here. Wish I could tell you I'm a success story, but far from it. First hurt Rt Quad early November. Stated pt late December then retore it Dec 30. Better get it checked out ASAP would be my best advice.  About a month into my second round of pt my therapist found something she didn't like last week. Namely a divot about the size of a golf ball above my knee cap. Don't really have any signs of being re injured, but I'm not an eternal optimist after the last 4 1/2 months either. I'm a mid 50's male that physically active.

Not trying to be a doom and bloomer, but I kinda found out the hard way that your not as healed as you feel. Good luck

Offline Tae111

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 03:44:08 PM »
I was able to get an appointment the next day. Although no XRays were taken the doctor felt around and said he could not find any evidence anything was damaged.

Advertisement

support