Author Topic: post-op oats recovery and what to expect  (Read 503 times)

Offline frootloops

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
post-op oats recovery and what to expect
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:55:57 AM »
hi all!!
 I'm a 38 year old female, who just had oats surgery on my right femoral medial chondoyl. I had a 8 mm defect that was plugged with one auto-graft plug. surgery was on dec. 29. 2016. the surgery took almost three hours due to the surgery having difficulty in getting the proper angling, while in there. 
  while realizing that this healing process is going to take a long while, there are a few things I didn't realize would happen. I was prepared for the physical challenges that lay ahead, after having had meniscus surgery the previous august. What I wasn't prepared for was the mental challenges of my limitations.  while I knew I was going to lose a lot of independence thru this process temporarily, it hit me hard. I had to figure out ways to keep myself emotionally from getting too frustrated.
 I also didn't realize the meta-morphesis my leg would start going thru. the change in sensation in my lower leg and foot as a result of being non weight bearing is strange to me. I was told that this was normal, and would take some time to get back to normal once I started walking again. the loss of strength is astounding. trying to do my arom exercises from certain positions is ridiculously hard. but I do them. 

Offline frootloops

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: post-op oats recovery and what to expect
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:57:10 AM »
oops didn't finish the post, so here goes the last bit.

as for pain, it isn't so bad. I do know that I have a high pain tolerance. one question I have is, will the pain come back more when I really start cranking in on the pt?

Advertisement