Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Actifit surgery  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Actifit surgery
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
Today starting week 6 from my rehab .I start to increase flexion until full range of motion ,now i can fold up my leg around 120 flexion ,and i have 4 weeks to achieve full range .I'm on right way ;) and left only 3 weeks to start walking without crutches  8) .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 01:05:38 PM »
http://www.img-share.eu/main/image_view/074a8bKTWV.jpg.htm 
some muscles come back ,41 days after surgery .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 05:17:45 PM »
Now i'm on last stage before normal walking .Around 75-80% weight bearing and i walk with only one crutch .I haven't pain ,but when walk i feel some lightly Tingling .It's nothing serious and i hope that this will stop ,when my muscles addicted .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
Today 8 weeks after surgery i made the first steps without crutches .It's awesome feeling .The knee is well ,just a little  pain in my feet ,but this is because my feet bones aren't adapted to full weight bearings .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 07:20:57 PM »
Today 72 days after surgery i'm very well .Walking without any problems ,no pain ,no swelling .Working hard on my proprioception ,quads ,harmstring ,calfs ,started with upper body workout .With passion and dedication you can achieve everything!

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »
Today 56km on my xc bike for 2:05 hours  :) not bad ,but I still have work to my full recovery .

Offline TheMonkeysAreComming

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 01:18:16 AM »
Tell us something new - update plesae ;-)
2014: Football injury
2015: Partial lateral meniscectomy. Everything perfect however cyst exist. Bothers with exercise.
2017: Partial lateral meniscectomy, tear repair and lateral cystectomy.
- Cyst pain gone. More pain in terms of quantity. Stiff knee/ROM. Exercise not possible.

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »
Tell us something new - update plesae ;-)
I'm feeling good overall .Riding my dirt bike ,playing football like goalkeeper ,make some jogging around 2-3 kms .Planning to do one finally rehabilitation with professional rehabilitator to achieve my full physical potential .I don't know whether the implant will protect my cartilage ,but the time will show .

Offline TheMonkeysAreComming

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »
what was your status prior to the surgery?
Pain, function, lateral/medial?
How much meniscus did you have left?
2014: Football injury
2015: Partial lateral meniscectomy. Everything perfect however cyst exist. Bothers with exercise.
2017: Partial lateral meniscectomy, tear repair and lateral cystectomy.
- Cyst pain gone. More pain in terms of quantity. Stiff knee/ROM. Exercise not possible.

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »
I had injured my medial meniscus ,and after first surgery (meniscectomy ) i left only with the meniscus rim .2-3 months later i had actifit surgery .My surgeon wanted to put actifit implant in my knee ,because i'm young and active ,and if you haven'ta  meniscus that's prerequisite for arthritis .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: I do not recommend Actifit implant !
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
Hello everyone ,i have some bad news ,my knee  began to get worse .I have a pain when try to make full flexion and also when try to make extension .There is very bad sound like popping of nylon when moving my knee .After some loading i feel my knee like a scrap or prosthesis .I did unbelievable efforts to recovery last year ,but now i'm done .I don't know what to do (removing the implant ,living with the pain ?) .I'm 22 years old very active ,throughout my life I've been an athlete ,but now i'm like a pensioner .My advice is :FORGET FOR ACTIFIT IMPLANT-That thing doesn't work !For me that's it one big medical lie .

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 01:20:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about the bad news. Have you been back to the surgeon yet? Let's hope the implant hasn't failed, and you can still get better again.

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »
Sorry to hear about the bad news. Have you been back to the surgeon yet? Let's hope the implant hasn't failed, and you can still get better again.
Maybe the situation isn't too bad ,but I'm affected ,because i expected more .The implant hasn't failed ,but i'm limited to do some activities .When i'm loading hard my knee ,feeling worse on the next day .I'm swimming 1 hour-2 times per week ,training my legs once in fitness and doing some extra exercise(plyometrics) .It's hard to explain how i'm feeling exactly .May have some days when i'm feeling good ,then one day feeling worse and etc .Something like arthritis ,but i'm too young for arthritis ,before one year my cartilage was perfect .For me the implant and the new tissue into  an implant are too hard (harder than native meniscus) and from that comming other problems .My range of motion is the same like on healthy leg ,but i have some pain ,when try to reach them. Also sometimes feeling some shudder in knee area .I'm planing to go to the surgeon soon ,we'll see what happens .

Offline Brandon123

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
Ok, I understand. It is possible to improve the situation with PT or something?

Keep us posted how things develop!

support