Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: OS against Regenexx  (Read 2282 times)

Offline nkaufman

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
OS against Regenexx
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:18:30 PM »
Hello,

My MRI report says:
Localized medial compartment chondromalacia
Patellar cartilage fissure with adjacent subchondral cystic change and surrounding bone marrow edema
Small joint effusion

OS says basically cartilage of knee cap has a fissure, there is no surgery that can fix it. Suggested therapy to strengthen thigh muscles to handle weight.

When asked about stem cell, he said that it is just a hoax perpetrated on middle age people who'd like to throw money to be able to move without pain. Said that Regenexx has no study worth mentioning, they do not have any follow up studies on their patients, all the follow up information is provided by patients, who after paying $10K for surgery will always claim that it is helpful. Said that Embryonic stem cells have not been successful in regenerating cartilage, forget about stem cells from middle-aged people.

He said surgery (partial knee replacement) is the last option but the only one that will work.

I have issues with my right knee as well and will be going for an MRI for that as well.

Really don't know what to do now. Perhaps a second opinion is in order after I get my right knee MRI results.

Any thoughts? Is Regenexx a good option?

Will be going over Regenexx posts to see what users say about it, I guess.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:46:22 PM by nkaufman »

Offline Patrick2by4

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: OS against Regenexx
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »
So did you get treatment from regenexx?