Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Permanent Quad Atrophy - 11 Years and still going  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Cutler

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Permanent Quad Atrophy - 11 Years and still going
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:45:19 AM »
Current Problem (whole post is both L and R legs): quads at 15% function, severe Patella-femoral arthritis, countless years of rehab, 9 surgeries ranging from TTT to cadaver ligaments to stabilize and gain greater mechanical advantage, no nerve damage

I've seen many orthopedic doctors and many physical therapists. Surgeries spaced out over 11 years from two doctors. Currently taking the minimum amount or pain killers to function and operate at work. Had to switch from teaching to another career field as I can no longer stand and certain days are almost impossible to move around.  My life is slowly becoming worse and I'm always looking for answers to improve my situation.

My questions:
1) Is there anyone else on this site that has/had the same problem as me?
2) Does anyone know any studies or research being conducted on severe quad atrophy? (Local hospitals, doctorate thesis?)

I'm not looking for traditional rehab help or exercises, I've tried all that and none of that helped. I don't think posting all my surgery history is going to help. Just know its been a lot.

Offline AroohArooh!!

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 58
Re: Permanent Quad Atrophy - 11 Years and still going
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »
Are you still around??? If so I have a few ideas that possibly would help....... Currently 7 weeks post-op patellar tendon  rupture

Offline wiskyblandi1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Permanent Quad Atrophy - 11 Years and still going
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:19:05 AM »
This disease can happen to anyone. Let's get you out of this soon.