Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL, PCL and MCL reconstruction -  (Read 2471 times)

Offline venicematt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL, PCL and MCL reconstruction -
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 12:06:34 PM »
HOLY!!!!!

Was going in this morning and Surgeon cancelled last week.... JUNE 29th. Unbelievable disappointment-going to be stronger going in now! Right in the middle of summer.
You weren't able to be active before surgery??? How'd you strengthen???

NO!!!! That is such a bummer! Something so benign and a small slip? How is it now? Week later and better? Sorry to hear!

I can't imagine how that is... another surgery, possibly involving other knee for graft? Your Great attitude about ACL/PCL, I think is awesome! Could always be worse.

At the end of the day for me... Yeah, this really sucks, the frustrations, limitations, pain AND it's not Stage 4 Cancer, Glioblastoma or any number of things.

Hope this finds you on the mend feeling better!

Offline rockinrory

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 02:40:37 PM »
Sorry been on holidays and getting the other operation done. Painkillers wiped me last week!!!

So bigger screw with put in with a washer for the MCL :) The surgeon said he was going to put me in a cast but decided against it thankfully!

Another 6 weeks with no weight bearing although booked in for follow up on 24th June so hopefully that will be the end of it.

Feels good again, the holiday was tough as the loose screw/ligament would cause pain depending on what way it was lying!

All we can do is try stay positive about it all......

God you are going to be an animal with all this training you are doing before the surgery!!! Seems to be dragging out for you also, at least you can see a date and work to it!

Make sure to update with some pics post op, love to see whos are bigger :) 

Offline venicematt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »
Rory!!!!

I have not been on here in awhile. How did everything go on your 24th appt.? I can't believe another 6wks for you. Screw/ligament was not attached, or????

I was finally filleted open June 29th!!! I am SO stoked to be finished with that chapter and ready for rehab, although the knee... not quite ready. Haha. In the brace, crutches, crawling up the wall, you know the routine until my f/up on 7/11, bored out of my head, watching netchicks, reading and really trying to keep in front of the pain. How was it, pain, for you? There isn't a rhyme or reason, it's so sporadic, it will be unbearable one minute and can be zero later. trying to sleep tho, that's brutal! The body is truly amazing.

I'll take some pictures after my appt. Crazy how much atrophy there was prior to surgery, legs looked like 2 different people.

Hope this finds you well and on the mend.

Matt

Offline rockinrory

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
So 5 operations down now at this stage with the last one taking place in July. I'm not going to lie itsbeen a rollercoaster for me which I encounter what it means to suffer from depression during the whole episode.

My weight ballooned to 21 stone since the injury happened. Between weight issues,  multiple operations and months on crutches, set back after set backl and forced to give up playing a sport I love it was difficult time for me.

I took control of my fitness again and discovered a Crossfit gym in my local area. The trainers have been great and I've already dropped 2 stone. I went from not being able to body weight squat to completing reps at 140kg again comfortably.  Everything has been about gradual progression and its taken time but i've completed over 100 sessions there since May and really feeling the benefits. I have even managed to jog lightly which my surgeon said may not be possible.

This post is mainly to highlight that there is a way back for those in similar positions, keep working hard and surround yourself with good people.

If anyone has questions please hit me up. Best of luck to you all!

support